Friday, July 1, 2016

For Sale or Rent


This is a Goldilocks kind of dream.

I had responded to an ad in the paper and talked to the owner of a house that was for sale or rent. It was a Sunday afternoon but the owner told me that he would meet me at a restaurant tomorrow morning at 7:30... and I said that would be fine.

Anyway, I went back to the property and was surprised to find it was unlocked, so I went in and looked around. I laid down on the bed with my clothes on and fell asleep... just like Goldilocks.

I don't know how long I slept, but I was awakened by the sound of people in the house. They had all came into the bedroom and made no effort to be quiet. There was two women, a man and two children under the age of six. They asked me about the house and if I was the owner. I told them not yet... but I had an appointment with the owner tomorrow morning.

I got up and went into the bathroom to straighten up and wash my face... and again some of this family followed me and kept on chatting to me.

The next scene was the next morning at the restaurant. I was a little early so took a table and ordered breakfast. While I was eating a man came and asked if he could join me since I was alone... and I told him I was meeting someone. He said he would leave when they came. He was just having coffee... and he sat down and just wanted to visit with someone.

I was almost done eating when the man who owned the house came. I was surprised that he was an older man and in a wheelchair. He recognized me and saw I was with someone... but he recognized someone else he knew so wheeled over to that table and visited with him for a few minutes. I got up and then went to the man in the wheel chair and told him he could come to my table... and then I woke up. I don't know if I made a deal on the house, or if I rented it... or what happened.

Shirley and I have been talking about getting a place to rent in Lake Country while we are doing the project there... until we get some product built. We hope to live in one of new townhouses as soon as we get them built. We have been working on revisions to a plan that is three stories... and Gerry is just getting started on the modifications.

Interesting how dreams work.

No comments:

Post a Comment